This policy contains information about the type of cookies stored on your device when visiting our website www.msecb.com, how these cookies are stored and collected and how to limit or forbid MSECB website from placing cookies on your device.
This policy applies to MSECB users who use the MSECB website services on desktop computers or mobile devices.
The terms ‘MSECB’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is located at 1555 boul de l’Avenir, Bureau 306, Laval, Quebec H7S 2N5, Canada. The term ‘you’ refers to the viewer, or user account holder on our website.
2. What are cookies
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer when accessing a specific website. They hold a small amount of information which is specific to a particular website and the client. Cookies are unique handled by your web browser and the information it contains can only be read by the website which initiated the cookie.
- Measure the reliability of our website by analyzing the number of visits to our pages in real time.
- We use audience measurement cookies (Google Analytics) to obtain anonymous visitor statistics for its site, which are then used to optimize the website by analyzing the browsing activity of users. Google Analytics stores the visitor’s IP address and only provides us with metrics on the number of visits for a specific territory, not the IP address of the specific user.
4. Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies – help website to recognize you and remember the information provided as you visit different pages within the MSECB website. Session cookies expire at the end of the session, when the browser is closed by the user.
- Persistent cookies – enable the site to recognize you on a continuous basis. These cookies will be stored on your web browser for an extended period of time and will remain valid until expired or deleted by the user. Persistent cookies remember your preferences and settings (i.e. login information, preferred language, font size, etc.). For security purposes, your login information is generally encrypted by the web browser before it gets stored in a cookie.
- First-party cookies – First party cookies are issued from the website itself. These cookies often serve to give memory to the website about the user’s data and preferences.
- Third-party cookies – saved by MSECB service providers such: Cloudfront, Google or Amazon which are usually securing our website or storing our data.
5. Accepting or refusing cookies
The saving of a cookie on a device is governed by user-defined settings for the user’s browsing software.
You may still choose at any time to delete or disable all or part of these cookies using your browser or professional platforms for this purpose, with the exception of the functional cookies necessary for the site to function, as indicated above.
If you refuse or block cookies you will not be able to use all features on our website.
6. Managing Cookies
If you want to control which cookies you accept, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website’s server. Most browsers automatically accept cookies.
You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser.
Please be aware that if you do not configure your browser you will accept cookies provided by this website.
The configuration of cookies and option for each browser is different. More information can be found in the help menu of your browser, which will inform you on the proper procedure to follow:
Finally, you can set your browser to stop tracking your actions on the web by enabling the “Do Not Track” option.
When you choose to turn on the Do Not Track setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. It’s a feature supported by almost all modern browsers.
However, we draw your attention to the fact that we cannot guarantee that this choice will always be acted on by independent non-affiliated companies. Therefore, on its own, this option does not represent a solution for refusing all cookies.